My name is Eduard Barceló, physical trainer specialized in resistance and passionate athlete.
My motto has always been “Satisfaction lies in the effort and not in the result. A total effort is a complete victory.”
- Graduated in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences from the University of Lleida in 1996.
- National Athletics Trainer.
- Diploma in Business Sciences from the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya in 2011.
Thanks to a favorable environment, a lot of motivation, enthusiasm and perseverance and despite not being particularly genetically gifted for endurance activities, I have managed to enjoy countless competitions throughout the world.
This personal history, product of my passion for sport, guided my steps towards an academic training focused on physical activity, developed in parallel to my various competitive activities.
Training and experience have created an amalgamation that has led me unconsciously and inevitably to my current profession and to a vision and a way of understanding resistance training and ultra-resistance training based on quality. and the regularity of the charge above the large point charges.
Currently I dedicate myself professionally exclusively to my profession as a coach, trying to combine it with the production of articles and holding conferences related to physical activity and obviously… my own training.
My training method is based on the intensity, variety and frequency of stimuli with short training sessions. In this way, superior performance improvements are obtained, the plan is more sustainable and the risks of overload injuries are minimized.
Athletes of various levels have worked with me, from professionals to busy amateurs with a job and a family to care for. Analyzing the ecosystem where the training plan should be included and customizing it as much as possible are my maxims. Only in this way will it be a source of satisfaction and will get the desired results.
Over the years, I have developed training plans for road races, trail races, triathlons, duathlons country skiing or skimo racing, ultratrails, cycling, cyclocross, mtb,… Without a doubt my sporting past has meant an investment in an invaluable help to be able to prescribe training sessions based on the theory and practice of sports training.
Training and technology are an inseparable pairing.
Trainingpeaks is the application I use to prescribe training. These can be referenced to rhythm, heart rate, power or a combination of all of them depending on the sport modality and the available devices.
This same application is used to check the degree of compliance with the plan, analyze the data obtained in each session and obtain an overview through the performance evolution graphs.
For this reason I need you to have a device that records your training sessions and can later upload all the data to Trainingpeaks. This way you can analyze your progress and stay motivated.
Palmares as an athlete
- Winner of the Adventure Raids World Cup 1999, 2000 and 2001
- 4th place in the Raid Gauloises 2003 in Kyrgyzstan
- Winner of the Ironman Mountain Triathlon in 2004 in Washington (Virginia – USA)
- 11th place in the Mountain Racing World Cup in 2006
- 5th place in the Adventure Raid World Championship in 2008
- 4th place (age group 35-40) in the Ironman of Nice 2009
- 3rd place in the 2009 Altriman Long Distance Triathlon in Les Angles
- Finisher at the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii 2009
- Winner of the White Trail of Ax les Thermes 2010
- 10th place in the Long Distance Triathlon Norseman 2011 in Norway
- Winner of the Infern de Balaguer Triathlon 2012
- 7th place in the 2014 Celtman Long Distance Triathlon in Scotland
- Winner of the Ultra Trail Trepitja Garrotxa 2014
- Winner of the Ultra Trail Mític Andorra 2015
- 13th classified TDS 2016 – Montblanc Ultra Trail
- 10th place in the long distance Triathlon Alpsman 2017
- 7th place in the Long Distance Triathlon Evergreen Endurance 2017
- 2nd place in the Trail Trepitja Garrotxa 65 Km 2017
- Winner of the long distance triathlon Pirene Extrem 2018
- 15th place in the Long Distance Triathlon Swissman 2018
- 10th place in the Gigathlon 2019 in Switzerland
- 15th place in the Ötillö World Championships Swimrun 2019
- 3rd place in the HEAD Swimrun Series 2019
- 3rd place in the Ötillö Swimrun Engadin 2020 (12th Scratx)
- 3rd place in the Swimrun Ultra Cote Vermeille 2021
- Winner of the Swimrun Marathon Costa Brava 2021
- 2nd classified in the long distance triathlon SOPLAOMAN 2019
- 10th classified World Championship Swimrun OTILLO 2019
- 3rd place Swimrun OTILLO Engadin 2020 and 2022
- Winner Titan Desert 2022 Mixed Duo category
- 2nd classified in the Titan Desert 2023 Mixed Team category